Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Long time, no blog

So, it's been a long time since I blogged. A lot has happened in the last six weeks. I can walk now, unaided without crutches. Hurrah! I'm back at work. Hurrah! Unfortunately, having more surger tomorrow. Yuck!

I also suffered a loss at the beginning of this month when my grandfather died. He was 92 years old. So, I went home to St. Louis for a brief visit to say goodbye. Crutches, boot and all.

There is still knitting going on. I finally finished the socks in the Opal Harry Potter colorway, Dumbledore. I absolutely love them. They are very closely matched. Just being slightly opposite in some ways. Totally unintentional.
I'm also plugging away at Hey, Teach from knitty. I have the back and half of one of the front halves completed. Hoping to finish it for Stitches Midwest this year. I registered for my course already. Taking the Bohus class that I've been contemplating for several years. Hurrah!

Other than that, it's my busy time at work, so there will be little time to knit over the next few weeks. I have given up my dream of going to Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. My ankle has been swelling and I just don't think I can do that much walking over uneven ground in crowds. I did give money to friends to spend on my behalf, so I will not be totally deprived. :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It sounds like he lived a good long life.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    Gwen, so sorry for your loss.

    The socks look cool! I'm glad you decided on the Bohus class...you'll have to share your knowledge with us :) Take care of yourself, and I'm glad you decided to not go to MDSW; you need to heal yourself first.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You and your family have my condolences...sounds like it's been a rough month for you, too.

    Good luck with the surgery and here's hoping you have a speedy recovery. As always, awesome knitting!!

    Can't WAIT for Stitches!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home