Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, July 19, 2010

What should Gwen spin next?

So, I've been an absentee blogger recently. I've been busy working. Our busy season came early this year. There has been lots of spinning. I spun up this beautiful yarn. I bought the roving at Maryland Sheep & wool last year. It's called party roving and has a little bit of everything under the sun.

The way the roving was, it had to be kind of spun from a cloud by picking up bunches and spinning. It was kind of fun. I knit it into a scarf, but that's another post.

I also spun up this. It's about 2.5 oz of 20oz of green wool. It's navajo plied and a light worsted weight. I'm hoping to have enough to make the Veste Evereste by Veronik Avery. It has been on my queue.
I'm halfway through the second bobbin of this. I alternate a bobbin of this with something more fun. Something for fun was some pink/white fluff I bought this weekend at the Uniquities fiber market.
Since I'm almost finished with the second bobbin of the green, I'm already thinking about what I could spin next. Hmmm...

First option if this BFL from Wild Hare fibers in the Tidewater colorway. It's beautiful and I have never spun BFL before.

Next is more BFL from Wild Hare, this time in the greene-eyed tabby colorway. I love, love, love this.

And finally, a roving that I've had for 2 years that I purchased at the Pittsburgh Knitting and Crochet festival in 2009 from Firelizard studies. It's just so pretty.
So, if I have any readers left, what should I spin next???




5 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Tidewater. Done. :)

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Teri said…

    Spin some BFL...you will love it!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Laurie said…

    I vote for Tidewater, too.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was going to vote for Firelizard, but it looks like I'm outvoted already! :) I'm sure it will all be beautiful and I can't wait to see it! 5 weeks to Stitches!!!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Jenn said…

    Way cool with all your spinning. Even though I'm way outvoted, I say the green-eyed tabby. I love the drastic color variations! No matter what, you're still working with BFL.

    Glad you're back...I missed you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home