Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, March 02, 2009

I'm an Aunt for the 3rd time. Hurrah!

Baby Ely Jonas was born today at 10:47 weighing 7lbs and 14ozs. He was 21 inches long and such a cutie. Of course, his knitter aunt has already been working hard to get ready for the day (partly why no blogging) and designed and knit a blanket.

You can't tell from the picture, but every other block is a different textured pattern. It came out fabulous and looks amazing if I do say so myself. It's made out of Kraemer Yarns Little Pebbles and is incredible soft. After sewing in a million ends (ugghh!) I had a little bit of time last night to whip up a cute baby hat for him.
Just a simple baby hat with an i-cord knot at the top.
Not to be left out, I finally finished Lucas' new hat, which he loves! Yeah. I forgot to take a picture of him.
It's the turtle hat from Last minute knitted gifts. It is looks fabulous on him. I'll have to get a picture one of these days. He wore it to the hospital to see his new brother.
I was in a homemaker mood this weekend and made homemade beef noodle soup.
And, for my sister-in-law's last meal, a red velvet cheesecake. Huge crack in the middle, but it got covered with Cream Cheese icing so you couldn't tell. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture before we commenced eating. :-) Super Yummy as well.














































3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Congrats Aunt Gwen! The blanket and hats are adorable. You rock!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats and happy birthday to baby Ely! The blanket it so beautiful- I wish I had the pactience as you do! :)

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats on the new addition! The hats and blankie are too cute!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home