Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Year in Review...

Another year down and I look back on what 2008 brought me...

Trips to St. Louis, Chicago, Cinncinati, Kansas City to visit friends and family.

A new car in September after the convertible suffered multiple car part failures and had to go.

My first ever trip to Disneyland and it was "Magical"

On the Knitting front, only 17 items completed this year. I obviously was working way too hard this year. I need to work on that for next year.
  • 2 Sock Monkeys
  • 1 pair of socks (Only 1 I can't believe it...)
  • 1 Log Cabin Blanket
  • 1 Market Bag
  • 1 Baby Sweater
  • 4 Baby Hats
  • 4 adult hats
  • 1 pair of Mary Jane Slippers

So, what's on tap for the new year. I'm going to keep it simple with some principles for the new year.

1. To be open to new things. I think I got stuck in a rut and comfort zone this year, so I need to be open to doing new things.

2. Continue to eat better. I started eating healthier in September and I'm going to try to continue that. It seems to be working well for me.

3 Spend more time for myself. To leave work at a reasonable time so I can have a life. Go to the Gym, knit, anything. This one loops back to being open to new things as well.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Also on your list: coming to visit more often. Ahem.

    xoxo

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    I saw that you were sick, so I didn't call, but Happy New Year!

    I found when I moved to Cincinnati, that for a long time all I wanted to do was go to stores/restaurants I had been to in other cities. I think it was definitely a comfort thing, a looking for continuity thing. It takes a long time to feel at home in a new city (still don't) and there's something to be said for familiarity. There's a lot to be said for familiarity.

    But seriously, one pair of socks?!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home