Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Twas the night before I left for home and all through the house,
The dishwasher was washing, clean dishes tonight!
The bags were packed by the door with care
In hope that the cab would soon be there.
The blackberry was tucked all snug in it's holster
While e-mails accumulate all through the night
While I in my jammies, no spouse to be a bother,
had just settled in for a tivoed show before bed.

When out in the parking lot, their arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was a matter
Away to the sliding glass door I flew like a flash
To Twist the rod and open the blinds.

The parking lot lights, on the blacktop light
Gave the appearance of midday to all the tired apartment dwellers
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
A fire engine, an ambulance and 2 police cars

With a very loud siren and lots of firemen
I knew in a moment, this was serious.
Out of the engine, the flew like a flash
Sirens, and shouting, the called as they came

....it's midnight and I've lost the ability to think...

My bags are all packed and I'm catching a plane tomorrow night. Hope everyone has a great holiday!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say is you are truly amazing! Great poem. Happy Holidays. J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home