Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ummmm...now I need to learn how to crochet...

So, I'm making a hat from my favorite book of hats for children, Itty Bitty Hats. It's the Painted Turtle hat. If you'll scroll down, you'll notice that it's an orange hat, much like this one below, so beautifully knit by me...
With the addition of cute crocheted turtles, which unfortunately mine doesn't have yet. I was trying to read the directions for crocheting them. Please note, that my crochet expertise barely lends itself to a single crochet along the edge of a sweater or somthing else. I'm going to have to play around with this and see if I can figure it out and if all else fails, take it to knit night and see if someone will take pity on me and help me. :-)

I had a great weekend. Saw two movies, both of which were better than I had expected...Quantam of Solace and Transporter 3. Both with handsome leading men, which a penchant for taking their shirts off. What could be better??e I think that was my quota of fighting action movies for now.

I also made 8 dozen pecan tartlettes. 6 dozen were for a cookie exchange and, of course, had to have extras to give to my brother and test out to make sure they tasted okay. I'm taking the cookies from the exchange to the office tomorow so I don't have them here tempting me. I've tried a few tonight and they are way too yummy to keep around for just me.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The hat will be so cute when it's done! Good luck with the crocheting. It isn't hard, but it feels really awkward to switch between knitting and crocheting.

    I love the stocking from you grandmother - it's total nostalgia! And the tartlettes sound totally yummy!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home