Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm not a joiner

So, everyone wanted some pictures and I finally located my camera. This is a stocking that my grandmother had knit for me when I was a child. It has a santa on one side and a christmas tree with wooden toys and babies attached to it.
My mom made a new stocking this year. It's a shopping snowman and it's totally me.
I came to another realization this year. I'm not a knitting joiner. I've joined KALs and the minute I join a KAL, I lose all interest in knitting whatever it was I was so excited to make in the first place. Well, apparently it also applies to sock yarn clubs. Last year for my birthday I joined the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock club and here are all six skeins lying together in a row...


...which can only mean one thing....I haven't knit a single solitary pair of socks from the sock club all year long... ARGHHHH!!!!! I love a couple of them and only seriously question what I will do with one colorway. I would have probably bought a couple of the colorways on my own, but something has been holding me back from knitting them, much less knitting them in the accompanying patterns. It was fun to receive yarn and anticipate what might come in the mail, but I think I will forgo this year since I didn't knit any of them last year.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been in the club two years and have yet to knit a single pair... I don't think I'll be joining again either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home