Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm seeing Red.

See this beautiful stuff. Yes, that's the Laceweight Malabrigo. The color is even more magnificent red in person.
Note, it didn't even last 24 hours in my house before it became this...
It's going to be the Alpine Knit Scarf from the Victorian Lace Today book. So far I'm 5 rows into the garter stitch border, but It will move forward. I figured I needed something to work on as I move. :-)

As promised, my finished Sockapalooza sock pals socks. In STR Watermelon Tourmaline. The pattern is the Shimmer Socks from Magknits.com.
Pattern was easy and I like the finished project. It shows off the STR well. I'm going to need to block them because they seemed to bias a little as they were knit. It think from all the picked up stitches. They look fine on a foot.
Oh, I almost forgot. I rented an apartment in Reston, VA today. I'm no longer homeless. Now, I just need to figure out my move timeline. DC here I come.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger bethc said…

    The socks look great, I love how the striping came out! Welcome to the area, glad you found a place to live.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home