Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's Sunday night and the weekend is over. Today almost felt like a bonus days since Saturday felt like Sunday...probably because I played hooky a half a day on Friday. Yesterday, I cleaned out my storage closet. Rearranged stuff and threw out a bunch of stuff. Then I went to Carmen's house for a girl's night that consisted of Tacos & sinful chocolate cake, movies, knitting and a clothing swap. I ended up with one sweater, which I'm very happy about. I have too many clothes anyway.

Today, my bonus day, I went shopping and after months and months of complaining about my old, slow desktop computer, I finally broke down and bought a new one. Yes, I'm the proud owner of a Toshiba laptop computer. Woo Hoo. So, I then spent half the day installing software and cursing the fact that I forgot to get a crossover USB cable so I could transfer files. Going to have to get one of those this week so I can transfer all of my music and photos of knitting, although, maybe I should just burn those to discs for posterity and start anew. I'm also going to have to sort out how much of the junk that it came preloaded with I want to keep and how much of it I want to uninstall...because it came with a lot of crap. Ughhh! Oh, well, it will keep me busy for awhile.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    All of that trial software is Why I Switched to a Mac. :) Cuteness with the little girl sweater! I went to MisKnits on Friday (Amber said I just missed you and Carmen) and I like it bunches!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Holy crap woman, I didn't realize you'd JUST bought that yarn for the sweater on Friday! Your fingers have been flying. I'm so glad I got to see you the other night, life is getting so exciting for you. You go girl! More playing hooky days, that afternoon sounds lovely.
    C

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    Yeah, we can sneak over to MisKnits on Friday Afternoons. Sounds like a plan to me.

    It was so nice having you all over on Saturday. We need to do that more often. Gives me an excuse to bake cake. YES! CAKE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home