Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Homeless in DC

Yep, that's right. I haven't found a place to live yet. What I have found is where I don't want to live. I didn't like one of the areas and then the traffic at noon on a Friday was terrible, so that's a no go. I also didn't like the places close to where I work and I decided I'm not a high rise apartment person either.

What did I find you ask....ummmm...two yarns stores.... Ummm some hand dyed sock yarn, lace yarn and some Trekking....

I stopped at a Borders this evening and I watched them crate box after box after box of the Harry Potter books past me covered in black cloths. Unfortunately, since I reserved mine in KC, I can't get one here... Ugghhh!!! On Sunday, they will release the remaining books. I can only hope that I can stop by and pick one up on Sunday so I can read it on my way home.... Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    So sorry the housing search isn't going well... what have you ruled out? There are lots of apartments in lower rise buildings near Tysons, there's just harder to find... and the traffic, well, nothing I can say about that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home