Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So far, the voters are saying that I should horde the STR for myself and utilize the Trekking. I think that's kind of not in the spirit of the whole making socks for someone else. My first pal sent me wool/cashmere yarn from China... So, what I think I'm going to do is knit the foot in both yarns, the Trekking in Jaywalker and the STR in Tropicana and then call for a vote again.

In other news, I haven't really posted what I've been doing since making the baby blankets. Well, I didn't do my March socks for my 12 months of socks, so I'm a month behind, so to catch up, I have the following...
Cotton Regia Surf in my preferred plain sock pattern. I love this yarn and the stripiness of it. It didn't need anything else. This is the completion of sock #1.
The rainbow socks. This is Tess' Super Sock yarn. I simple slip stitch pattern just to break it up. Almost ready for a toe.

And finally, I restarted the Krista Tee for the 3rd time. Hopefully, third time will be a charm in my case. Now there's no twist. The lace pattern is right and I corrected the number of pattern repeats to be even so I could evenly divide the two sides. Ughh!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    oooooooh I like the slip stitch sock, it's turning out so cool!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've been so productive! I love all the FOs.

    By the way, I finally just sent out your first package today (sorry it's taken so long :( Hope you get it soon!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    You know, we should be more careful about our overlapping sock yarn taste. I keep getting freaked out when I see "my" socks on your blog! My pink striped Regia socks are extremely similar to yours not only in yarn, but in pattern too!

     
  • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Of course, I love the colors of your Cotton Surf sock. And the slip stitch is looking really cool on the Tess' sock.

    Does your pal express any preferences? I know that some people like hard wearing socks (like Trekking, Regia), while others hate them and prefer things like STR, LL, etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home