Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

We had a meeting of the Tuesday night knitters on a Saturday...well, all except for Carmen who dumped us for a boy. Christine hosted it at her house and we sat outside on her screened in porch and stuffed our faces and knitted a lot. Joanna and Johanna came. Joanna made this fantastic bean dip and brought yummy bread. Joanna made brownies. I made fruit salsa that was supper yummy too. We sat outside and knit until about 9pm. It was very relaxing. I love Christine's house. It's exactly how you imagine the Weasley house from the Harry Potter books. You can go upstairs and then around a corner and upstairs again and then you can go to a basement and then to a lower basement. It's awesome!

I finished off the pinwheel blanket, but will wait to post a picture until tomorrow when I can weave in all the ends and get a good picture of it all spread out. It's bigger than I thought it would be, but I think that's good.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds like a fabulous time! I think having the blanket turn out a bit big is lots better than having it turn out too small.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    It was Johanna that made the brownies. Get it straight, woman. ;)

    Your blanket is extreme cuteness.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That is a seriously beautiful blanket. I love the picot bind-off. Your fruit stuff was unbelievably yummy and I'm making it to bring to our camping trip this Sat. afternoon to share with the other families!

    Another perk of being single is you not only get to eat whatever you want, but you get to put your yarn wherever you want!!! I love the basket of noro silk garden. LOVELY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home