Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Opinions needed

So, first I'll start off with a finished picture of the Pinwheel Baby blanket. I finished it on saturday at the sunny day knit-a-thon held by the Tuesday night knitters, well except for Carmen... :-) It still needs to be blocked, but I love it. Yeah me!
Binding off 600+ stitches in a picot bindoff was not fun I will say.

In other news, we got our Sockapalooza 4 pals today and I'm trying to pick the perfect yarn for her. She likes greens, blues, pinks and pastels, so these are the yarns I'm contemplating...

The first is Socks that Rock Watermelon Tourmaline. I like the subtle colors in it. Greens, blues and yellows/little bit of orange in it. And, it's Socks that Rock, what more can you say??? I'm thinking possibly Tropicana with it...

The second yarn is from Th'Read Head Yarns and it is a 50% Merino/50% Tencel blend. You can see the sheen in it from the Tencel below.

It's Greens and pinks with just a hint of lavender where the pink and green blend together. I haven't really decided what pattern yet, but I'm kind of thinking a reverse RPM. My friend Teri did something similar and it turned out very neat.

The last contender for sockpal yarn is this Trekking XXL. Stripes of Blue, Green, & Pink.
I'm a huge, huge fan of Trekking. I love to knit it. I was thinking Jaywalker or something else to break up the stripiness.

So, my friends out there in the electronic universe, which do you think I should use??? I'll be taking suggestions through Friday when I cast on.

In yet more news, guess who's coming to KC!!!! Just one of my favorite authors, Jennifer Weiner. The woman who wrote Good in Bed! Totally love her. Thanks to Joanna for cluing me in. I'm so there.

PS. Carmen, still not forgiven for not even stopping by with the boy... Teri even ditched her mom and stopped by.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    Am thinking the Trekking - since it sounds closest to what your pal said she likes . . .

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    DUDE! I swear to GAWD if y'all whine about me ditching y'all ONE MORE TIME! Somebody is going to draw back a nub. DAMMIT! *hmph* Can't a sista get a little somethin' somethin' every now and then. DANG! No tellin' when I'm g'on git some again neither. *HMPH* So, chew on that for a minute, mmmkkk. *pfft*
    LMAO! :P

    *rarrr*

    You love me! You know! Can we move on now? PEAS!?

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    PS! The blankie is pretty! And you ain't right for telling about that WEBS sale. Of course, I had to buy a crapload of yarn! Fortunately, I've decided to send the Louisa Harding back since I got a bunch of the good stuff.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Wow. 600 stitches with a picot bindoff?! I think I feel faint!

    I like the STR best, I think.

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    The Trekking would be fab.u.lous. as Jaywalkers. That's my vote. Although that poor STR. How many times will it be passed over?! :)

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    Send her the Trekking. I like the other ones too much for you to part with them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home