Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

I was a bad, bad girl....

I went to a yarn sale....
That's 2 balls of Zephr Silk/Merino laceweight on the right...followed by 2 balls of the Lucy Neatby Celestial Merino in the most amazing shades of green...and then there's some Colinette Jitterbug in blues and greens....and finally Crafy in a good way sock yarn in this red/pink/brown tones. I also got some more yarn for my Secret Pal #10, but I'm not going to show that here. Her package is almost ready to go out. Yeah!!!

For Beth, who never thought this day would come....

Yes, that's the spindle and roving I bought at Stitches 2 years ago... Thanks to Teri, I finally figured out the drop spindle spinning. And even more surprising...I like it. My shoulder hurts like crazy and I still need to figure out the whole plying thing, but I'm enjoying it and my singles became more even as the afternoon wore out. All Hail Teri!

When I had to take a rest during the afternoon because my shoulder hurt too much from holding up the spindle (I also got a blister on my thumb from spinning the spindle - defintely going to have to work on some new muscles and calluses), I worked on this.
...and finished the first sock. It's the first of the slip stitch socks in Tess' Super Sock yarn. I love this yarn and the pattern turned out fantastic. (I'll have to thank Teri again, because she had done the same thing with a slightly different colorway of Tess' yarn).

Mental note: Going on a yarn diet as a New Year's resolution, never a good idea. I also ordered yarn of the internet. Bad, bad Gwen...

4 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    Love the new yarns - knew you'd never be able to stick to that NY's resolution! hehehehe Also like the spinning - I see a wheel in your future . . . . .

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    At least you broke your diet with good quality stuff! :) I love how the slip stitches look on your sock.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love how the slip stitch socks have turned out. Can you link to the pattern?

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Teri is the yarn whisperer. She is amazing. The sock rocks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home