Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, February 23, 2007

A visit from the yarn fairy.

I just love life, especially when the yarn fairy comes to visit cleverly disguised as the UPS man. This is what the yarn fairy bought me today. Yes, 20 skeins of Debbie Bliss cotton and Yes, you are not mistaken, that is 12 skeins of Noro Silk Garden. Yes, I definitely fell off the wagon. I'm over it. Yarn diet just makes me want to buy more. I'm over it.

So, what did I do??? I immediately cast on for the Lady Eleanor Shawl
from Scarf Style, of course!! I've never knitted with Silk Garden before and I now understand the love for Silk Garden. I love, love, love Silk Garden and inspite of never having done Entrelac before, I picked it up very quickly and you know what, I love Entrelac as well. Now most of you are wondering, doesn't she have a full time job, how did she have time to do all that?? Well, I had the day off to clean my house for my parents visit. Ummm...yeah... Carmen and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for Lunch and then on to The Roasterie to knit all afternoon. On a positive cleaning front, I did get last Sunday's paper up off the living room floor. Yeah Me!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    That's going to be gorgeous! Hee hee - that's my sorta cleaning day. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home