Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Clap, Clap, Clap for me!

After all the trials and all of the tribulations, the Clapotis, she is finally
finished...well, she needs a good block and the ends woven in, but the knitting is done!!!! Yippeee. The yarn is Wool in the Woods Gold Dust that I bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival last year. It's a cotton rayon blend with a gold strand running through it. It is very, very pretty.


Now, I need to figure out what my next project will be. I'm working on a very special pattern, but it won't be revealed for a little while. I'm trying my hand a designing. We'll see how it goes. I may be a little overly ambitious...

3 Comments:

  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Congrats on finishing at long last! It looks great.

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    WAIT! You don't need to block it. You'll lose some of the drapiness, and you can't un-do it. Of course, it's up to you, some people have blocked and been glad, but some people have blocked and regretted.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I love it! Can you bring it on Tuesday so I can see it in real life? (I have a thing for yarn that sparkles...) And the pattern was originally written to be unblocked, but I've knitted a couple of mini-Clapotis, and they needed the blocking. Yours looks lovely as it is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home