Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Secret Pal 10

I haven't done a swap or any kind of exchange for awhile, so I joined Secret Pal 10. I did Secret Pal 4 many, many sessions ago and had a great time, so I'm looking forward to it again. So, since we have to have our questionaires up before February 28th. Here is goes:

1 What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love to knit with cotton/rayon blends. I know…most people hate cotton with a passion. I also like wool/blends.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My straight needles are in a flower vase displayed on a table. They look very cool with all the colors. My double points and circs are stored in drawers in a version of an apothecary chest type thing.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 4 years. I would consider myself an advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, there's a link on the side of my blog. Not much on it at the moment because I was on a knitting book buying binge. :-0

5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender or Jasmine.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Doesn't everyone??? Recently starburst. Always dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have a drop spindle that I occasionally look at and think I really need to work to learn to use it. Other than that, knitting is my sole obsession.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music from Weezer to Tim McGraw, Michael Buble, Andrea Bocelli, Justin Timberlake, etc.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love Reds and pinks. I can't stand yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? It's just me and the yarn. No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves only here. I keep a shawl I knit in my office year round because it's usually about 20 degrees cooler in my office than the rest of the building.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks and shawls. I'm equally obsessed with both.

13. What are you knitting right now? Slip stitch socks, Flower Basket Shawl, Baby Blanket, Vintage Velvet Scarf and I'm getting ready to start some more baby type projects for my new nephew.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer Bamboo or aluminum depending on what I'm knitting.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both. How can you live at the mercy of your LYS???

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I just finished my oldest UFO which was 3 years old when I finished it. My next oldest is just over a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. I love being together with my family.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Anything to do with shoes. Shoe note cards, shoe picture frames, pictures of shoes, shoe playing cards, shoe notepads…I'm sure you get the picture…

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave, although I'm hating their new layout. Nothing I can think of off the top of my head.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Entrelac. I just bought 12 skeins of Silk garden yarn to make Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. Yippee.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Absolutely! Size 7 foot.

23. When is your birthday? January 19th.

So, there I am in all my glory. In other news, I survived my bosses visit. Yippee!! I'm off work tomorrow. Bigger YIPEEE!!! And last, but not least, I bought the pattern book I've been lusting after: City Park by Classic Elite Yarns. I love the cabled pullover and the Fair Aisle and the ribbed cardigan and I have the perfect yarn for the cabled pullover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home