Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, December 25, 2006

What a wonderful Christmas day!

It has been an absolutely wonderful christmas so far. I learned I'm going to be an aunt again. My brother and his wife are due to have their first child on father's day (how appropriate). I very excited for them and can't wait to embrace the new addition to the family.

My neice was a little whirlwind at opening her gifts. My cut-apart vegetables were a huge hit. It took her awhile to figure out the TMX Elmo. Every time he'd fall down laughing, she'd run from wherever she was in the room to pick him back up before he had a chance to stand up himself. It was so cute.

For myself, I got a new table-top swift, so I can return the one I've been sharing with my aunt. I also got Victorian Lace Today, the Jane Sowerby lace book, the Knitting pattern a day calendar and an Ice cream maker. Woo Hoo!!. Ohhh, and I almost forgot....one of those knitting necklaces. It's a pewter heart that is purl on one side and stockinette on the other. Does my family know me well or what.

But for me, the most fun has been spending the past two days with my family. Laughing, catching up and telling all the old stories.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you too spent the past few days with beloved family and good friends.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds like an absolutely wonderful holiday!! I know what you mean - it was so much fun spending the day with family. And congrats on being an aunt again. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home