Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Still basking in the glory of having everything done and wrapped.

I've now turned my attention towards more pressing matters...what knitting to bring on my trip to St. Louis for x-mas (I'll be there for 8+ days or so...whenever I feel like coming back), what clothes to bring and "How in the heck am I going to get all of my packages into my car and home...along with the clothes and knitting????" The later, is possibly the most pressing. How to package it so that it doesn't take a million trips down the stairs. Compact enough that it will fit in my little trunk and yet still not crush all the beautiful bows and ribbons that I put on top of the packages. Any miracle workers out there?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger moirae said…

    Did you already wrap your packages? I don't because I'm afraid the FAA will open them during their many suitcase searches.

    If you didn't, I'd put the bows in a cardboard box (like the ones you mail things in not a shoebox).

    Good luck!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Can you put luggage stuff on the bottom and then a single layer of packages in the trunk and backseat?

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trash bags are a great way to transport many gifts in one trip - the heavy duty big kind, so the corners don't rip through. I carefully place them for minimal damage to the bows and pile them in the back seat - might consider using the seat belt on them to keep them in place, too.

    Good luck! Can't wait to see you!!

    -Colleen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home