Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Yesterday it was in the low 60s. At 8pm when I was driving home last night, I contemplated putting the top down on my convertible... This morning, whoa Baby!!! It was 37degrees when I left for work and the temperature continued to fall all day. It was dreary and foggy all day. It rained/sleeted all afternoon. We closed the office early, but it wasn't really any good. It took me 30 minutes to get out of our parking garage. I was knitting a sock. Thank god I had one in my purse or I'd have been bored out of my mind. I really wish I could have taken the day off and curled up on my couch under a blanket to watch tv and knit.

I was somewhat prepared for the weather...I wore my wool socks to work today. So as I sat in the sub-zero temperatures of my office, trying to burrow deeper into the knitted shawl I keep in my office for warmth, my feet were at least warm and toasty.

Thank you to everyone for your condolences on my tree tragedy. I'd have taken pictures, but the camera was beyond the broken glass field and since I didn't want to step on the glass breaking into even smaller pieces and grinding it in to my carpet, I had to go pictureless. Mental note to self...next year, buy a piece of wood to put the tree on instead of the plush carpet. Mental note to self #2...Decorate the back of the tree to counter-balance all the ornaments on the front. It doensn't matter that no one sees it. Buy more ornaments.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, thanks for sending all that lovely weather our way!! :( jk

    I was also sorry to hear about the tree tragedy, but now I have some idea for a Christmas present. ;)

    knitting=warm

    -Colleen

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Still sad about the tree!! It's bitterly cold here, too. This happened way too fast - I'm definitely not acclimated...

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    So sad about your tree. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home