Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Okay. After a 14 hour layover at my house in Kansas City, I'm now in St. Louis. The whole time in KC was kind of fuzzy. I arrived about midnight because my plane was delayed. I'd like to say as far as airports to be stuck in for more than 8 hours, Atlanta would not be high on my list. The chairs are more uncomfortable that most airports. Bathrooms are far away and the floor is all torn up because their renovating. You might ask why I care that the floor is torn up, but those of you who know me well, knows this did not bode well for me. Yes, I did a faceplant in the middle of the Atlanta aiport. Luckily I got away with just a bruised knee and a little embarrassment. Some guy even came up to me an hour later as I was sitting at my gate and asked me if I was okay. Ummm...other than being mortifying embarrassed that you even remembered me, just fine...

Since I got home so late, I overslept this morning. Oops... I don't remember hearing the alarm. Not sure it went off. Not sure I set it. Not sure I didn't just turn it off when it went off and go back to sleep. Uggghhh! You know how that throws you're whole day off and I was trying to get to the office and get stuff done so I could leave early for my drive to St. Louis, so the day was one whole blurr of action item, action item, conference call, meeting. Ugghhh!

Nothing new on the knitting front. I worked on a sock a little on the way to Atlanta. I called half the people in my phone book and then had a long discussion with a KC cop while waiting for my plane on the way back, so no knitting got done... Yes, I was bored. Cop was interesting though.


  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I would've face planted, too. Glad you're ok!

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Dulcedosa said…

    poor putty tat!
    Sorry about the face plant. *grimace*
    It was so nice of the guy to check on you. Was he single? ...and what of the cop?


Post a Comment

<< Home