Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Hello, my old friend...

Now, all of you who have known me for a long time should quite possibly sit down because this might be a little shocking...

No, still no boyfriend...Darn! I've picked Fainia's Scarf back up. Yes, after

4 long years, I picked it back up I knit 36 rows on it tonight. Pick yourselves off the floor, I'm actually on the decrease section. The end is in sight. Hurrah!! I'm sure you can all see that I'm grasping for projects at this point. Not that Faina's scarf isn't wonderful and beautiful and the Frog Tree Alpaca a wonder to knit with...but for some reason, I'm just not in love with the actual pattern. I think because there isn't a solidly repeating pattern like most lace.

I have decided on a new project. Carmen and I are going to knit Lift & Seperate from Big Girl Knits. Sadly, I'm going to have to order new yarn for it because nothing in my stash works for it (head really hanging in shame here...). I'm also thinking about starting a lace shawl. Yes, crazy is my middle name...and I've been trying to decide which sock yarn to knit up next...but I'm going to finish Faina's scarf first and maybe even the Flower Basket Shawl started a year ago. Gee, what will life be like without any long term UFOs??? Maybe I'll leave the Flower Basket Shawl alone for now...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    I made Faina's Scarf too. I agree that the pattern isn't really that much fun to knit unless you have some truly delicious wool. The good news is that I didn't find any errors in the pattern, unlike many others. Hope you are able to finish soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home