Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The wonder of blocking wires

I love, love, love my blocking wires. I can't believe I've lived without them for so long!!! Doesn't this look fabulous??

Even better after blocking!!! It's now hanging in the closet pending it actually getting cold enough to wear a scarf.

Since I had out the blocking board and I was all into blocking. Look what else I did...

Yep. 24 finished squares are now ready to be sewed together into blocks once I get some plain black sock yarn.

So, with finishing Faina's scarf, I'm once again projectless...so I dragged out the other UFO from long ago, the Flower Basket Shawl

And worked on it too. I need a new project but I'm having this apathy over starting anything new. I have yarn. I have patterns. Nothing is just slapping over the face and saying knit me. I don't know what the problem is...

5 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    The scarf is STUNNING!! Yay!

    And your squares look great on the board. :)

    I hate that sort of lost, I don't know what to knit feeling. It helps me to look through all my patterns and magazines.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Congratulations! It's fantastic! Now you understand why I went running last year at Stitches to get some blocking wires. They make things look so professional and perfect.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gwen, the scarf is AMAZING! And, the blockiing wires really make it look great. I can't wait to see it in person one chilly weekend this year. :)

    I completely understand project start-itis...I went for 2 months without a project on needles after I finally finished Adam's sweater. Inspiration will hit, and it hits hard! ;)

    Good luck with finishing the flower basket shawl, and I look forward to seeing how the sock afghan/quilt thingy progresses. So far it looks really cool.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really love your Faina scarf.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    You look so seriously professional. And you have entirely. too. much. sock. yarn. I'm dying of jealousy over here. Did you just knit the squares on the diagonal increasing to a point and then decreasing? They look FABULOUS!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home