Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

So far, the simple sock thing seems to be working. I'm about an inch from the heel and I've not yet felt the urge to rip it out. I also ordered yarn for the Lift & Seperate sweater. I've decided on some Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool in a nice blue. Which is different for my wardrobe which is mostly pink and purple and orange...which is weird, I know.

I had a busy weekend this weekend. I went shopping at the Talbot's sale...which is an evil place I tell you. I bought a pair of pants, a sweater, a cardigan & tank, and 2 shirts. I also stopped by a yarn store and bought some size 0 Brittany needles for some socks I want to take with me on the plane to Atlanta on Tuesday. I stopped and bought a new CD (The Fray) for my car ride to St. Louis on Friday. Then I came home to do the 6 loads of laundry. Got to love the weather changes, where you can wear all your cool weather clothes and then it warms up, so you can go back and wear all your warm weather clothes. It really extends the amount of time between laundry cycles, but it had to be done since I'm in Atlanta Tues - Thurs and then St. Louis Sun-Mon. I was kind of looking forward to November because I thought I was going to get to stay in town from 10/28 til Thanksgiving, but while working this evening, I discovered I need to go to Dallas the second week in November. You know, I really don't have job where one would think you travel a lot. The past two months not-withstanding...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it helps my inspiration is thanks to you!! I've got about 3 inches on my first ever socks, started by using your very borrowed instructions! Of couse that was after frogging the whole thing like 6 times!! But I'm obsessed with it, taking it every where I go and now that I'm really rolling, I'm anxious to turn the heel and finish the pattern - maybe finished with sock 1 by the end of the week!!! All my other projects have been completely ignored. I'll send pix soon and thanks for the help!

    -Colleen

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I'm glad that the simple socks are helping!!

    You travel ALL THE TIME. I kinda wish I could travel for work at least a little bit.

    Oh, great swap package you sent Noelle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home