Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, October 30, 2006

I had a very busy but good weekend. I went to Carmen's Halloween party and I must admit her house looks like it should be in the pages of the magazine. I was very depressed when I got back to my sad looking apartment. I'm really, really going to have to buy myself a dining room table at the very least... Sunday, I watched the Hex Marathon on BBC and I made Minestrone Soup from scratch. It was very yummy! Of course, I had enough to feed a small army and will be eating off of what I froze for the rest of the winter... I made that fall tradition, Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese icing, which were also mucho yummy. My co-workers agree. I also finished a small secret xmas present. I have 3 gifts left to finish, one of which I still need to find yarn for because what I bought is not working... UGHHH!!!!

Back to the subject of Hex, if you haven't seen this show, it's very addicting. I turned it on just because there wasn't anything else on Sunday morning and the next thing I know it's 8 hours later and I've watched the entire marathon. This is how sad I am, I even made the soup and cupcakes during commercial breaks so I didn't miss anything. Of course, the highly attractive lead actor, Michael Fassbender, didn't have a thing to do with that at all...not at all I tell you. Although, he was exceedingly easy on the eyes, far exceeding the normal Sunday TV fare. I even looked to look up the Hex page on BBC just to find out who he is. Yes, I need a life... He's younger than me, sadly. What is it all of the sudden everyone is younger than me. Is that sad or what? Where are all the men in their 30's???

I have a busy week at work this week, but if I survive, I'll be home free for the rest of the year!!! Yeah!!! And, the company I work for just announced that they'll close down between x-mas and new year, so that's 10 days off in a row. Yipee!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Whenever I'm at someone's house that's magazine perfect, I experience brief trauma, and then I realize I would hate living there...

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    dagnabit!

    I didn't mean to make anyone feel inadequate. That's just the way I roll. :)

    I'm addicted to HEX, too. I was sad when the finale' aired. :(
    Can't wait for it to come back.

    ...and you were such a cute witch at my party!

    HEY! Where's MY cupcake? *pout*

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said…

    ...and maybe you should try dating a guy that's OLDER than you. :) They need love, too, you know. A 40 something will rock your world, girlfriend. LOL! ...provided he's not on high blood pressure medicine already. *sigh*

    What are we doing to do during the holidays? Are you going home for the whole 10 days? I can't stay down in AR for more than 4 days before I'm completely insane.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home