Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

On the death of my Brittany...

My favorite set of double pointed Brittany needles, size 1.5 suffered a great blow this evening, when at 8:43pm, one suffered a sudden and irrevocable break. This breaks up the happy quintet that has traveled the US with me. New York, DC, Tampa, Chicago, Dallas...Sniff... The trauma just really is too much to bear...especially since I still have 4 inches of the RPM sock to knit. I will be on the look out for a replacement for Needle #5, but can one every really replace the experience of that needle? Will it have the same worn, smooth surface...that perfect ability to both grip stitches when in a bag, but slide smoothly off when knitting... I just don't know. I've got to go lie down.

Countdown to Stitches: 15 days!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    After your little lie-down, you can contact Brittany, and they'll send you new needles for free.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Oh, bummer! I'm using some brittany's now (US 0) for toddler socks and I keep watching them bend... I'm terrified they'll break! :) I did hear the same advice beth gave you-- brittany will replace them (my package says "5 year replacement guarantee"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home