Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Another Stitches has come and gone. From the intrigue of the terrorist plot on Thursday that messed up our carefully laid plans to arrive at the same time to the horrible storm that closed the KC airport and made me arrive late, I can say it was a good trip all around.

We safely arrived in Chicago on Thursday night in time for the Market preview and, of course, purchased much yarn. Made sure we got our Socks that Rock purchase out of the way, and it's a good thing too, because it was stripped almost bare by Sunday. Friday, I took Karen Alfke's Unpatterned Top down sweater class and it was awesome. I love the way that she gives all kind of hints as she's teaching that are just things she picked up. Saturday I just shopped. We tried to meet up with the bloggers at the Hyatt, but unfortunately, there was a Beatles convention there and we were unable to find our fellow bloggers in the midst of the love-ins and jam sessions. We stuck it out for 45 minutes hoping we would find someone, but hearing 3 different Beatles tunes sung all at the same time badly, finally drove us away. Sunday, we, of course!, made more purchases and then boarded out plane for the trip home. There was a terrible thunderstorm in KC that closed the airport for awhile, so we circled overhead for about 20 minutes. We landed just in-time for wave two of the thunderstorm. I got absolutely soaked trying to retrieve my car and stow my luggage and then drove the 45 mile drive to my house at 45mph praying I wouldn't die because someone couldn't see me, but eventually, I arrived safe and sound at home.

Hope you enjoyed the preview day yesterday of the Stitches Haul, here it is in all it's glory...

That's 66 skeins of yarn, 2 patterns, 12 buttons and a wool ball. Mind you, this is not all for me...

This is for me...

31 skeins of it were for me... Still bad I know, but enought yarn for 6 pairs of socks and 3 sweaters and I got some incredible deals.

The green blob is actually Merino/Cashmere yarn (yes, cashmere) that I got for an unbelieveable $7/500 yds. Undetermined origin, but it's lucious and will make an awesome sweater.

Then there's the sock yarn...Some Regia yarn (good deal) two skeins of Socks that Rock, a skein of Cherry Tree Hill (another awesome deal) and 2 skeins hand dyed that just looked good.

I'm particularly in love with the last skein on the right which is pink, blue and brown and it reminds of Neopolitan ice cream for some reason.

The next two are WEBS deals. We love WEBS. This is some Jo Sharp Soho Summer yarn.

And then there's the Berocco Touche yarn for the Krista Tee from White Lies designs that I got. I bought some more of this in another color for my aunt for the same purpose.

Stash enhancement

6 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    guh! look at all that lovely yarn!
    Glad your class went well. Looking forward to seeing you tonight.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Wow, nice haul! That green cashmere is tdf!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    You got some fabulous stuff!! Now I'm terrified to ever go to Stitches...

    Bummer about the Beatles thing preventing successful blogger meeting.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    That is SO beautiful! I'm both green with envy of your green yarn and HUNGRY now for neopolitan ice cream! How funny! Hope to see you Thurs night at YS&More!
    Christine

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    Wow - I love the green yarn! But then, I have a weakness for green.

    I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you! Darn those Beatlefans.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger 'Tart said…

    I too love yarn, I even worked at a yarn store at one point, and I can feel your joy at these gorgeous stashes of great stuff. I love to crochet, and although my blog usually focuses on other things, feel free to drop by. I love to check yours sometimes and see how the 'yarn life' is going. I'm impressed with your finds. So you go to yarn conventions and buy from them? I haven't determined if you are a buyer for a store as well, so I guess I ask these silly questions. Have a wonderful day, I enjoy your blog.
    Sincerely,
    Tart

     

Post a Comment

<< Home