Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm dreaming of...

...knitting a sweater...Finally got my copy of Big Girl Knits. I'm in love! I like the lace v-neck sweater. The wrap sweater. The hooded sweater shirt that I can dream only of finding Calmer on sale somewhere for. Then, of course, the cute socks. I've been surfing for yarn all evening and dreaming of my new sweaters...one day...when I find the perfect yarn...at a price I can afford. Lots of good information about finding styles that fit your body type as well.

...I'm also dreaming of my sockapalooza socks. They've come and are currently being held prisoner by the post office since I wasn't here when they came to deliver them. Therefore I can only dream of them. Sniff! I'm going to go to work a little late tomorrow am so I can rescue them since the silly place closes at 5pm (who gets out of work before 5pm??) and I'm going to St. Louis again this weekend. I can't wait!! Pictures tomorrow.

...Stitches!!! Beth booked our hotel last week and I reserved my course this evening. I'm taking Karen Alfke's Unpatterns: Top Down Sweater. I took her cuff craze course last year and had a lot of fun. I'm moving on to making major clothing for myself, and since I need to either design my own or alter patterns, I thought this might be helpful. Besides Karen's very personable and funny and the 3 hour course went by really fast. Anyone else out there taking this course??

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Oh, poor sockapalooza socks!!! Hopefully the rescue goes well... but I'm one of those people who gets out of work at 3:30 - I work 6:30 - 3:30. :)

    Sounds like a great Stitches class!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home