Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, May 01, 2006

FO and reintroduction of the twins

So, I finished scarf for the Mother's day auction to benefit the American Cancer Society. It's just plain garter stitch in fancy yarn. It went really quickly, although the boredom factor kept me switching back and forth with a pair of socks, so it definitely took longer than it should of. It's only 49" long...I'm not sure that's a good length. Personally, I like mine about 7 feet long so they can be wrapped or folded in half and worn all kinds of different ways.

Tonight, I also have the distinct pleasure of reintroducing you to the twins,
AKA the Sherbert socks. I've turned the heel and they're still dead on identical. It's kind of scary. I think they're going to end up being identical! Wow, my first pair of identical socks. Amazing. After all this time. Sniff. I'm so proud. The race to finish them is on. I need those needles to cast another pair on for my 5 hour plane ride to DC. No it doesn't actually take that long. I have a 1 hour layover in Cleveland... Plenty of good knitting time. Also, as an added bonus, if I finish them in time, I'll be able to bring them with me to wear!! Yeah me.

I talked to my SIL this evening. I'm so excited to see her and my brother. I haven't seen them in awhile and talking to her this evening just made me realize how much I miss them. I also get to meet their dog they got last year So Hurrah!!! Plus I'll be on vacation, so no work. Double Hurrah! And then there's those 3 capitol letters we love so much MSW. Yeah!!!

2.5 days and counting!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    I bet that lovely scarf stretches a bit, so that'll give it some more length. Plus, I personally think that's a good length. :)

    Cool about the identical twins!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home