Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Ahem....Attention Please...

May I present to you the finished Sockapalooza socks!!!! I really like how they turned out. In spite of
what the picture looks like, they are actually really dark navy. I had a terrible case of second sock syndrome with these. I don't know why. Maybe I did 2 pairs of Jaywalker socks too close together. I actually like these even more than the first pair that I made. The pattern looks neater with the truly variagated yarn as opposed to the striping that I got with my hand dyed yarn. I hope my sock pal likes them.

So, of course, with all of my sock needles bare, I had to
start another pair right away. This picture here dipicts my second attempt at the broadripple sock tonight in Cascade Fixation. The first version done on size 3 needles was way, way too big, so I went down a needle size and I think they'll fit much better. I have surprisingly thin feet. I love, love, love the cascade fixation and the yarn is just that bright. These are for me. Hurrah!!!

My parents are coming tomorrow. I've cleaned my house within an inch of it's life. Unfortunately, as often happens in my life, external forces have conspired against me and the tall set of shelves in my walk in closet fell off the wall while I was at work today. My dresses and pantsuits are not lying on the floor of my closet still attached to the rack. Really beautiful for my first guests.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Yay!!! It must be an auspicious time of the month for Jaywalker completion! They look great. And whoa - those are going to be Shocking Pink Broadripples - how fun.

    Heh, I don't think the Geek Prom would approve of Chaos as my date, ya think??

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great socks! yum! congrats on finishing :)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice socks! very funky colours - congrats on finishing and on starting some pretty new pink socks too.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger alison said…

    Wow, those are some wild jaywalkers! You're right about the variegation - way cool in that pattern.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ruth said…

    I love your sock pal socks ... I hope they're for me!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Soggy Desert Rat said…

    Those socks rock in that yarn!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home