Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I was in Border's buying a birthday present last night and although I tried to resist, I had to walk over to the Knitting books. It was there...Stephanie's new book, Knitting Rules. Yep, you guessed, a 25% coupon later and it went home with me. I haven't read much of it yet, although will admit to reading the first bit while in line...and a couple of pages before I left for work this morning. I, instead finished the black and silver scarf. I'll take the book with me this weekend to read.

Although I missed knitting with Teri this evening, I did finish my laundry so I'll have clothes to wear home this weekend and to Tampa next week. My big debate now is how to cram 3 days worth of clothes into my rolling tote so I can put my computer in it and not have to carry my big honkin' computer bag when going to Tampa. I remember when I got this job, thinking how cool it was that we all got laptop computers. We could work from home rather than having to stay at work all hours...now all I do is plot ways to not have to lug my computer home...

Now, the big question is which yarn I should take to St. Louis with me this weekend to start new socks...should I continue the cotton sock trend with some Regia Cotton Surf in the reds or perhaps the Lorna's Laces or is it time for the Socks that Rock?? Decisions... Decisions...

Special note to my Sock Pal, who is working her fingers to the bone to make me, what I'm absolutely sure are going to be the most wonderful socks I own (no pressure here...), sock foot length should be 9 inches long and the other way, I usually make mine about 6 inches, and if it helps any, I wear a size 7 shoe. All Hail my sock pal and send her good wishes for no dropped stitches! Can't wait for May!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    It's a great book, isn't it??

    Have a good visit home and then trip to Tampa...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home