Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm back and I'm alive. My plane, was late last night, so I got in later than intended and I was exhausted. I didn't really sleep from Monday night until last night.
Monday night I was too worried I would miss my 6am flight so I never really went to sleep and then when I got to Tampa, there was a convention with some pretty hard partiers who would wonder in about 1am, just as I was getting to sleep (Midnight central time, my normal bedtime) and they were so loud, laughing, running into the wall. Ugghhh!!! I did get some knitting done on the plane. I unfortunately didn't have much time otherwise. We did testing until about 2pm. Went back to the hotel, worked until 6 when I met co-workers and went to dinner. Came back to the hotel and worked for 3 or so more hours. The only deviation was on Wednesday night when I went with a co-worker to an adjoining mall and went shopping for 2 hours and then went back to the hotel and worked for 3 hours. It was fun though. I bought 2 sweaters and some earrings and I lived vicariously as she bought a Gucci purse.

The only bad thing about traveling and the lack of sleep from this trip was I could barely get to work this morning. I stopped at starbucks and got a venti coffee which I finished on my 20 minute ride to work and then stopped for a Diet Coke on my way to my desk and everyone still kept asking me if I was feeling okay. I must have really looked like something the cat dragged in...

My plans for this weekend, working on my new sock, working on my shawl, buying a new phone, sleeping late and watching all the TV I DVRed while in Tampa.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend plan. I feel a bit better about not ever getting to travel for work - yikes!

    I love the stripiness of the sock. It goes quite nicely with your blogger template. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home