Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, February 03, 2006

February is for Finished objects

I've decided that February is for Finished objects. To help me along on this, I've packed away all my yarn and only left out my unfinished projects. 3 pairs of socks on needles, a baby albert sweater, a flower basket shawl and last, but certainly not least, Faina's scarf. Of course, this does create problems, because I got my sockapalooza pal and the yarn I want to use for her socks is packed away. Oh, well, since I was going to experiment with different patterns, I can do that and then start her sock when I get to KC.

So, I present the first finished object of February. It's a
another Baby Albert. It's missing the buttons still because I threw them away in a cleaning frenzy last weekend. I'll have to go out tomorrow and buy more buttons since the individual this sweater for is only in Monday of next week. So finish it I must.

The finished sweater wasn't all I did today. I frogged
the second Jaywalker sock and started it over. I also worked on Julie's birthday socks. We've had to cancel our dinner several times, so she hasn't seen it yet. I think it looks cool, you can't really see the pattern in the picture, but it's pattern #17 for Joy Slayton's Ribbing Plain and Fancy. It's a yarn-over cable pattern. I really like this pattern for socks.

As you can see, I got lots of knitting done today in between visits from moving company estimators. The good news, at least one quote came in less than I was expecting. I'm expecting a couple more on Monday, so we'll see. I'm targeting a move date of March 1st. Which isn't all that far away.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    I think I need to work on some UFOs, too... What sort of buttons are you going to put on the Baby Albert??

    I like that sock... hmm, and I have that book... and 17 is my lucky number... sounds like it's meant for me to knit something with that pattern!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home