Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, January 23, 2006

God bless the wonderful people at Plymouth Yarn for making a baby yarn that comes in colors other than pastels. Case in point, the beautiful kelly green baby Albert (from Sally Melville's Knit Stitch book) finished this evening. So much more fun for babies whose parents want to be surprised. So much better than pale yellow or pale green, both of which look more girly. Yippee. Second finished object of the year and not a minute too soon, the baby shower is tomorrow at noon.

I think I'm going back to KC this weekend. I was stressing out about where to live, but considering, I live 24 miles from the office and it took me more than 45 minutes to get home this evening at 6pm, it can hardly that bad. So far, the apartments I liked were in the 15-20 mile range from the office.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Christy said…

    KC's a nice place to live, provided you have a car and aren't looking for
    all-the-time excitement. :-) Are you looking for a house or an apartment?
    Or just some good yarn stores? ;-) Ask any question, and I'll answer.

    Christy

    angelchrys at gmail dot com

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    The sweater is really cute! I'm with you on non-pastel baby yarns...

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just remember that unlike STL, you'll drive 45 minutes to work only because you live 40 miles from work. And remember to pay attention to the lane you need to be in.

    Try to stay off the Paseo at night and for the love of god don't go to Troost Park!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home