Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to me.

Happy Birthday to me. I've made it to 32 years old. Usually I get sort of down and kind of just detach for awhile each January. I think it's a combination of "Oh my god, I'm getting Older" and "Oh, my god my life is going no where." Obviously, if you've been reading my blog you'll know, my life is going lots of places and I've been so busy stressing out about said life going lots of places that I haven't had time to think about getting old either. So, all in all, this is the best year in many years.

By the way, I have such cool friends. I got a card in the mail from Beth today, just supporting me. That's so cool. She listened to me literally cry in my beer last week after I got the job offer as I came to the realization that I just couldn't pass it up. She has been a huge help in all of this since she's relocated sh understands what I'm going through. By the way Beth, I ordered your birthday present today.

So, tomorrow I leave for the wilds of Kansas City to find a place to live. Armed with my street map this evening, I've been plotting my route through the apartment complexes I want to look at...with a side trip to a yarn store or two... :-0 So, there will be no more blogging until Sunday, but I'm taking my camera, so we'll have a visual record of my trip.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Best wishes for Apartment hunting. I find the best thing to do is ask locals about locations. We rented a house for a few months relocation after to talking to a sales clerk in a store.
    Better wishes for the yarn shopping!

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Chris said…

    Happy birthday to YOU!!!!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    For Pete's Sake! I mailed that card on SATURDAY. Did I have your old address? I thought I had updated it in my address book. Oh well. I wondered why you hadn't said anything; I thought you'd get it on Monday. Jeesh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home