Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Golden Globes are good for seaming...

Well, well, well... There are some that thought it would never happen. I've started seaming together my nieces sweater. I got the two shoulder seams together and they don't look too bad. Now, I'm ready to seam on the collar band and collar and I've hit a snag...I can't remember how to seam Stockinette to Garter Stitch. Ugghh. You might notice above is one of Sally Mellville's book and above that you can just see a corner of the ubiquitous Vogue Knitting handbook. Both consulted in vain. Am I making this too difficult?? Are there no instructions?? Has all the drama in my life totally erased all common sense?? So all you knitters out there, help me if you can.

Busy week this week. Work. Career counselor for a friend tomorrow night. Work. Knitting on Wednesday. Work. My birthday on Thursday and driving to KC to apartment hunt on Friday. So, probably not much knitting...or seaming...going on this week.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Chris said…

    Uh... can't help you... Check amazon.com - the Vicki Square book Knitter's Companion is searchable and often has some great info on such things...

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sally book does have it, I am sure of it. Look again.

    What am I doing, follow Chris and Chaos everywhere? I swear this is the umpteenth time I have posted after her. Really, I am not a stalker!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Gwen, I thought you had finished the two-tone sweater. Or did you, and you didn't like it? I don't remember. I'm having one of those days. It'll be clear as a bell tomorrow.

    I'll check Montse Stanley tonight, if I remember. If she can't tell you, no one can, and I'll help you to figure out tomorrow night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home