Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, January 02, 2006

A beginning and an end...

So, the new year has started. I've decided not to make any resolutions this year since I never keep them anyway. I will be trying to knit more things for me this year, as opposed for everyone else.

Today was the last day of my 10 day holiday. Let's all offer thanks to my employers who closed down from 12/23 through 1/3. Hurrah! I was beginning to despair that I wouldn't accomplish anything over the break. My apartment was a mess. My laundry wasn't finished. I didn't finish any knits in progress and I didn't start any more over the break (although the temptation was mighty).

My last day started off with a bang this morning or rather...the wail of the tornado sirens at 5:30am. Yes, and it was windy enough outside to send me scurrying to my walk in closet with my battery radio. I almost fell asleep on the floor when I head that the warning expired so I went back to bed for 4 more hours. I got up and cleaned the kitchen, threw away my x-mas tree, finished the laundry and even hung up all my clothes and miracle of all miracle, have a finished object to present. TaDa!!
The Crusoe Sock from Knitty.com
Yarn: Tess's Super Sock yarn purchased at Stitches Midwest 2004.
Knit on #1 bamboo needles.



One thing I will note about this pattern is that the stranded stitch gives you a pretty non-stretchy fabric so if you usually need some extra room in your socks, take that into account.
I chose the pattern after several mis-starts. This yarn has a habit of pooling, as in it was all solid pink on one side and the other side light pink and dark purple striped. I kind of like the stripey effect it made.

So Hurrah for me! My first FO of 2006 was for me. Up next in socks, the koolaid dyed yarn I made back in October.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Love the socks! Great pattern for pooling yarn, will have to remember that.
    We got the sirens too. During the night and then again at noon. Glad that's past, and hope it doesn't happen again this season. It's winter!! Doesn't Mother Nature know that?

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    I like the stripey bits, too. The stranding breaks it up enough that it looks interesting, not like a mistake. Loverly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home