Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, December 19, 2005

So, I celebrated christmas early with my sister & her family on Saturday. My niece (1 year old) went into gift meltdown after about 3 gifts. She wanted to play with the gifts she had already received. She didn't want to open any new ones... What were we thinking???

My gift was a big hit. The Bee Bop Band, which is a drum filled with a bell ringing thing, a tambourine, a maraca like shaker thing, a small xylophone (which I'm sure my brother-in-law is thanking the lord since it doesn't work very well and the sound is much diminished) and of course drum sticks for the drum. She handed out different pieces to everyone to make noise with her. I'm sure that my brother-in-law would like to shoot me dead.

I gave my sister the clapotis that I made from her out of the yarn from interlacements that I bought at Stitches in August. It turned out fantastic. Unfortunately, the pictures are in my camera, which I left at my mother's house. I have a very cute picture of it being modeled by my niece. All in all, it was a good day. I got a necklace and the Betty Crocker cookbook - Breast Cancer awareness edition. Yes, although I cook a lot, I'm probably the only person on the earth without one. I'm still scouring estate sales for a copy of an old one. It's interesting to see how the recipes change as people's tastes change.

In case you were wondering, I did not finish the sweater for my niece, but I'm not allowed to start another knitting project until it's done. So, I can work on a UFO or the sweater, but no new projects until the sweater is done. Now, just so you're not under the impression that this limits me, I do have several UFOs in progress:
1. Caruso Socks - Currently working on sock #2
2. Flower Basket Shawl - in the yarn I died in the ball.
3. Baby Einstein sweater - Another one,I know. People should stop having babies...
4. Faina's scarf - Yes, this is still in progress. Yes, I'm aware of the fact that it's been more than 2 years. Yes, I still know where the last ball of the Red Frog Tree Alpaca is to finish the scarf. Yes, there is a slight problem in that I lost one of the size 5 needles needed to complete this project. I don't see that as an obstacle, I have others.
5. Lindsay's sweater.

Now, I'm off work for 10 whole days starting this Friday at noon. I should, theoretically, be able to finish the collar on Lindsays sweater and the 2 sleeves and put it all together and finish at least one of the other UFOs so I can start something or maybe 2 somethings new. I think this year's new year resolution will be to finish Faina's scarf. It's lingered in it's lonely bag too long.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    When I was home this weekend I took a look at my grandmother's original Betty Crocker cookbook; it was a different time. It's been re-published and I need to get it, so I can have all the pages that are missing from Grandma's. I found a near-new copy of the edition my mother has at an antique mall in Kirksville, of all places. I gave Sal Costa $15 for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home