Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Looking back on 2005...

So, here it is the last day of 2005 and it's time to look back on the year and survey what, if anything, did I accomplish this year... Hmmmm...

Well, I had a good year at work, didn't get fired or laid off, got a pay increase and a bonus, always a plus.

Moved to a new apartment and bought new furniture. New Bed. New Couch. New Knitting Chair with Ottoman. Oh Yeah!!! (We'll ignore the fact that I haven't unpacked half of the stuff pending the potential relocation to KC)

Still no man. :-( On the other hand, had a lot of wonderful times with friends went on several mini-vacations. Had a great time.

Volunteered - finished out 1 full year as a volunteer on the Housing Corp board and was elected a director.

Read 53 "real" books...and countless other trashy romance novels, but those don't count. Favorites include Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" novels, Mary Janice Davidson's "Undead..." books and my perennial favorite Pride and Prejudice by the immortal Jane Austen.

Finished 22 Knitted Objects this year including:
1 baby hat
3 pairs of baby socks
7 pairs of adult socks (Only 1 pair for me!!!! What's up with that???)
2 baby sweaters
1 Flower Basket Shawl
2 Clapotis
2 Dish Cloths
1 Soleil Tank (for me!!!)
1 Ruffles Scarf
1 Misty Garden Scarf
1 Baby Blanket for Project Linus
Definitely need to work on making more stuff for myself because out of all of that, only 1 pair of socks, the Soleil tank and 1 measly dish cloth remained in my possession...

So, tonight I will spend with friends (YarnEnvy Beth and Suzie) at the First Night celebration here in St. Louis and ring in the New Year which will hopefully bring wonderful things for me and all of my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home