Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I started the sleeves for Lindsay's x-mas sweater today. No, you didn't miss that the collar was finished. Finishing the collar requires frogging back most of the work already completed and coming up with some great plan so as not to run out of the pink yarn prior to completion of the collar. Since that requires more mind power than I currently possess and god forbid I have to rip it out more than once, I decided it would work out much better if I were to take an afternoon during my time off between x-mas and New Year to work on it. So, I cast on for the sleeves. Yes, multiples. Not only does it go faster, they will be identical. You wouldn't think that would be an issue, but look at who we're talking about...

I forgot to mention that I finally finished my holiday shopping last night. Yes, it's finally ended after a 30 minute wait in line at the local Border's. I will not make any more gift trips this year, although, I will be going to the local Barnes & Noble to meet the Knitting Posse tomorrow, but that doesn't count. Yippee!! I'm so excited. Now I only have to wrap up the ones that I bought last night.

I also found out that I'm on X-mas cookie duty for X-mas eve at my aunt's. Ummm...small problem...I haven't made any x-mas cookies this year. What you say???!!!! Well, I was busy and then I was sick and then last weekend I helped other people make cookies and celebrating x-mas early, but no, I have not yet made any cookies and wasn't in fact planning on making them... So, umm...this Friday afternoon after I get off work has officially been designated as cookie making day. I think I'm going to go with the quick and easy Chocolate chip cookies and I'm thinking I might make some of the kisses cookies, but instead of peanut butter with a regular kiss, I was thinking about making it out of the sugar cookie dough with a chocolate cherry kiss in the middle. Mmmmm... I'll wind out the platter with a few of the cookies that I made with my aunt and brought home and chocolate covered popcorn I got as a gift (not a huge popcorn fan, so convenient way to get rid of it). All of this requires going to the store and buying food, which is a good plan anyway seeing as I haven't been grocery shopping in 3 weeks.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    The mint kisses have a recipe on the bag for chocolate mint kiss cookies. I haven't tried them yet, but they sound good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home