Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

So, after returning from Stitches way back in August, I decided to go on a yarn diet and to knit up some of my stash which kind of got out of hand. So, as I approach the end of the year, I started wondering about how I did with that...so, here's the count of finished objects vs. yarn from?

1. Jeff's Birthday socks - ummm...had to buy new yarn didn't have anything suitable for a boy in the stash.
2. Baby Einstein for Knitting Guild - ummm...couldn't pass up the skein for $.25 @ Target deal. I should get credit for giving it to charity shouldn't I???
3. Clapotis - Stitches 2005 yarn. I think we consider this stash yarn since it came into my possession prior to the "use stash yarn vow." Yeah!!
4. Misty garden scarf - Stash yarn. Bought at the Knitorious inventory sale last December. Yipee!
5. Project Linus blanket - Had to buy new yarn as I didn't have any suitable blanket for child yarn in the stash. :-(
6. Flower Basket Shawl (in progress) - Stash yarn. Made out of knitpicks yarn my aunt and I dyed. Yippee.
7. Carusoe Socks (in progress) - Stash yarn! Tess's Super Sock yarn purchased at Stitches 2004.
8. Baby Einstein (in progress) - Stash yarn! Plymouth Baby yarn purchased at the Knitorious Inventory sale last year.
9. Lindsay's Sweater (in progress) - stash yarn. Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton bought last spring.

So, 6 of 9 items items started or started and completed since August 15, 2005 have been stash yarn. Not too bad. The yarn purchases weren't out there, but for specific reasons. Although I would certainly enjoy socks that are striped pink, I have the feeling that my brother would run the other way as fast as possible. He does like the grey socks I did knit for him. The other two were charity. The Target yarn I bought specifically to make a charity gift since it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. I bought only enough to make the baby sweater and then for the blanket, I had no suitable yarn in the stash.

Not too bad, although could be better. I have to admit, that I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to start something new. You'd think that I would be going gangbuster's on Lindsays sweater so I could start something new, but so far, I've cast on for the sleeves and knit just a few rows. I need to step it up. So many things to knit, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home