Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

For Beth: There has been spinning. See! I bet you despaired that I would ever spin
Still working my way through the original fiber I got at Stitches, although I will admit to oggling roving on ebay for the past several days. We'll all say it now, together now real loud..."GWEN YOU'RE ON A YARN DIET." Buying fiber to spin into yarn will not help the problem... I need that reminder when my good sense tries to run away with my credit card. Although, I will admit I will probably buy more fiber before I allow myself to buy more yarn. I'm trying to use up some of the yarns that I currently have around and will admit to giving yarn for a scarf away this past weekend (:-0), just to cut down on the number of things in my to be knitted pile.
I came to the conclusion that I needed to rip out the broadripple socks that I started on the way to Stitches. I can barely get it on. If I add another pattern repeat, it would be too big. I could finish them and give them to someone else, but I really, really like the yarn and want to make something out of it for myself. I might try the retro rib pattern from one of the past IK instead. I've been eyeing it for awhile. I think I'll try the broadripple again because I like the patter, but I think in the Fixation I got at Stitches in the distant future

So, the project scorecard for the week so far:
Ruffles: Finished
Broadripple socks: Frogged
Lindsay socks: Sock #1 50%
Faina's Scarf: 80% (I swear I'll finish this one day...)
Bistro Shirt: 50%
Lindsay's sweater: 60%

It looks as if I need a new project. Hmmm. Now the dilemna...start a Christmas Present knitting project or start a Gwen project...

1 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Yippee! Spinning! I'm so glad. And I don't think fiber is a bad purchase; you'll have to practice a bit before you get yarn you really want to use, at least that's what I've heard. I'm sorry about the socks. Mine were almost too big! so I have no advice. maybe bigger needles? I'm pretty sure I used whatever the pattern called for; a 3, I think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home