Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Adventures of a beginning spinner...

So, here are some very bad pictures of myself so I can illustrate what I learned about spinning in my first try. You'll see our beautiful hotel room as I couldn't wait to try it out and came right to the hotel after classes and shopping all day to try it. So, here I am. I've got the fiber attached. I got it spinning. I decided to do the trap method since I'm still a newbie and personally, keeping that many things going at the same time was just not an option that evening. So, everything looks really good so far...

Lesson #1, keep track of your fiber. If it gets to close to the spinning, it gets sucked in like a black hole...

Then you have a whole other mess to clean up.

So, I got it all back on track. Notice the intense concentration and if you look closely, yes, my tongue is sticking out. Which is a sure sign of concentration...

So, here it is, my first attempt on the spindle.

I, of course, couldn't wait to find out what it will look like so we did the double up the single to produce my first attempt at yarn.

My yarn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home