Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Progress Report Socks & All

So, my 5 day Firm holiday is at an end. I have to return to work tomorrow. I'd say I'm sad, but quite frankly I'm bored out of my mind. So much for the idea that I could win the lottery and never work again...

So, here's a sampling of what I've been doing:

First, a Sockapal2za update: I blogged that I had chosen this wonderful orange fallish yarn from Trekking XXL. I bought it at Hearthstone(for Kris-it was the only one in this color or I'd have bought a second ball for myself...) on Wednesday afternoon, after we got off early for our holiday. I tried out quite a few patterns before settling on the Yarn-over cable pattern that I found in Joy Slaten's Ribbing-Plain & Fancy booklet. The colors aren't showing up great in this picture, but I really like it.

Update #2: The Debbie Bliss Ballerina Sweater for my neice, which is the one on the cover of this book. I've decided to do the garter stitch edging and collar in another color. So far, it's turning out well. I've finished the back and the left front panel.

Update #3 My Soleil Tank. I made progress on this as well. I finished the knitting on the main body and started the upper back portion. I'm about an inch away from binding off for the neck.

I also worked on secret project too, so all in all, it's been a knitty five days, although, I will say, that this is not all I've been doing. I read 5.5 books and finished 4 of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Tracks, which my aunt is wholly responsible for getting me hooked on. I went to a 4th of July dinner at my parent's house, went to see fireworks and to dinner with a friend. I also shopped quite extensively, including purchase of a new portable phone after mine broke. Ugghh. So, all in all it's been a relaxing 5 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home