Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Finally Friday

Thank god it was finally friday!!!! I was so glad it was Friday, I celebrated by taking a half day off. I finished everything I needed to get done by noon, so I was out of there. Hurrah!!!!

So, what did I do with myself you might ask??? Did I clean??? No. Did I do Laundry??? Umm. No. Did I go shopping??? No. Yes, I sat down, watched some movies and knitted. It was like stolen time. But look, I finished the unraveled sock from Wednesday.

It's the first finished object in awhile. I didn't know if I was going to like them. There not for me, so the colors aren't "My colors" but I really like the way the came out and they're nearly identical. For some strange reason when I do these self-striping pattern socks, mine always end up fraternal, but not these. I was excited.

I also took time this evening to actually make dinner rather than have a sandwich. Well, admittedly, I was out of sandwich meat so I was forced to cook or go out... So, I made stuffed green peppers. Mmm. They were good.

So, tomorrow I'm going to participate in the Race for the Cure. I'm going to be walking in support of two co-workers diagnosed with breast cancer in the last few months. These are our shirts.

I'm kind of excited I've never participated, but I've talked to quite a few people lately who have and say it's amazing. So, I'll be back at the office tomorrow at 7:30 am for breakfast beforehand. I'm only doing the fun walk, not the 5k race. After all the festivities, I think I'll stop over at the Soulard Farmer's market for some fresh fruits and veggies since I'm downtown anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home