Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday nights are usually for knitting...

Well, not tonight anyway. I went to a purse party a friend was giving instead of meeting the knitting posse. Sorry girls, but I finally got a summer purse. Isn't it cute?

I did miss the 1200 stitches I would have done if I had done a repeat on my Clapotis this evening, so we're still sitting at 10.5 of the main repeats completed and I still haven't added the 3rd ball. I'm thinking this pattern would make a great christmas gift. It's a relatively mindless pattern that you can knit during a movie and while watching TV. Of course, by the time I get around to xmas gifts, I'll have moved on to something else...

I did some surfing on the internet for sock yarn for my sockapaltwoza pal. I've got a stash of yarn for 7 pairs of socks, but from reading her blog, I'm not feeling any of the yarns reflect her. So, I'm on the look out for something different. I'm also considering hand dyeing some yarn for socks for her, which could be cool, in and of itself. Hmmm. I'll have to think on it for awhile.

I did do some knitting tonight, although not on the clapotis. I finished the second Tampa/Dallas sock. Isn't it beautful.

Now look at it next to the first sock... Are you seeing what I'm seeing???

I was aware this was going to be a problem. I did the first sock while on an airplane without a measuring tape stuffed in between two people so I couldn't try it on. I think the weirdo next to me may have affected my ability to approximate measurement. It's about 2 inches too long. I tried it on and tried to convince myself that it wasn't a problem. Reality finally set in that the sock wasn't for big foot. I started the second sock as an avoidance of the problem, thinking it might miraculously shrink two inches while I finshed the second sock or that pixies or perhaps the weird 8 legged bugs I've seen lately would have unknit and reknit the sock for me, but alas tonight, reality set in. I could no longer avoid the issue. Courtesy of the liquid bravado from the party I had attended, I just did it...

Ripppppp!!!!!! This is what hours worth of airport and airplane knitting became in a few short seconds. Lets all take a moment of silence and try, for my sake, to hold back your tears...

The only good news is that I was able to get it back on four needles without having to get out the crochet hook to fish up dropped stitches. Yippee!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Blu486 said…

    It's so sad when bad things happen to good socks . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home