Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Was it all just a dream???

So, I woke up this morning in a migraine hangover/took tylenol PM too late fog. Excedrin wasn't helping, so I supplemented with some Tylenol PM about 1:30am. At that point, I just wanted it to stop hurting... So, needless to say, 5 hours wasn't enought to sleep off the Tylenol PM. I'm alive and I'm moving, but that was about it. So, I walk to to the lobby at work and I do this double take and begin to wonder whether or not this was just a dream and I really was still at home in bed sleeping. The lobby was filled with balloons, streamers, lit candles, poster boards, champagne flutes and bottles of chilled champagne...you're beginning to understand why I wondered if I was still dreaming, but I haven't even gotten to the cake, the crackers and cheese...the dark chocolate dipped strawberries. No kidding on this. After a minute, I realized I'd forgotten we were having a going away party, but for my initially reaction was "Oh MY GOD, I'm still dreaming..." I must admit, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries at 9am are a dream come true...

So, the going away party is for a woman I consider kind of a mentor at work, so I've decided to give her the clapotis. I know that she is someone who will appreciate the work that went into it and will in all probability wear it. So, let's all bid a fond farewell to the Clapotis...

And here she is all packaged up to go to her new owner tomorrow. Sniff. Sniff.

So, out with the old, I have given away yet another project intended for myself. I am definitely a process knitter rather than a keep everything for myself. I do have yarn to make another one that I just might keep for myself...

So, I started the ballerina top for my neice for her winter sweater and here's what it looks like so far. It's in Debbie Bliss cotton. It looks a little brighter here in the picture than in real life. It has more of a purpley cast to both the pink and navy in real life. It's going well so far.


4 more hours of work tomorrow and I'm free!!!
Lindsay's sweater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home