Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Race for the Cure

Wow, I have to say that Race for the Cure is one of the most amazing things that I have ever been a part of. We had a great time. I even walked the 5k. Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how it happened. We were hanging around with my co-worker who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer right now and milling around watching the walkers start and she suddenly decided "Lets Walk" so, we all walked. It was so much fun. We talked to lots of people. There were lots of groups in support of people who dressed up. Everyone was in good spirits and having a great time. There were bands along the route that kept your energy up. There were Harley Dudes in pink wigs on several street corners cheering the walkers on. I had a great time. Next year, we've decided that we need to get our own T-shirts rather than the standard ones and we need pink baseball caps or something. We've got a year to come up with a good slogan and a t-shirt design. What was even more incredible was all the survivors, but a little bit sad to realize that many of them are my own age and to even think about what they've had to go through.

I've just got one thing to say to all of the individuals who stopped along the way to have a smoke (yes, I'm not kidding about this. At every group of port-a-potties, there was a large smoking contingent) GET A CLUE!!! Cancer walk...Smoking...Not a great mixture, even if it wasn't a lung cancer walk. Geesh.

I came home afterwards and died on my couch for about an hour. It was at that point that my body started to ache. The knees, in particular are killing me. So, instead of cleaning, I sat down and had a good knit.

Here is the updated picture of my clapotis.

No, not a trick of the light, it is two different colors darnit... The third ball, which I've finally added matches the second (Thankfully!!) I'm not so sure about the color change yet. It's less noticeable in person than in this picture when you look at the sections with dropped stitches. I'm just going to finish it any coloring issues are "design features." (Thanks Beth)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home