Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Monday, June 27, 2005

1.75 days until the 5 day weekend...

Yes, the count down is on, 14 hours left until my 5 day weekend. We will all give thanks and praise to my employer who has so generously shut down Weds afternoon, Thurs, Fri and the holiday on Monday.

So, in all the excitement of finishing the clapotis and my knitting needle haul, I totally forgot about Saturday. I finally, and I do mean finally, picked up the teapot that I painted at Paint-Me-Pottery back in April. Yes, it took me that long to get back to the shop to pick it up. I work and I've been busy on the weekends and I've been out of town and well...I...ummmm...forgot about it for a few weeks. (oops...) Never fear, I finally got there this saturday after visiting Knitorious for some knitting needles. And I must say that the teapot looks so much better than I thought it would. It's actually cute

I may be getting the hang of it after all.

So, I'm feeling kind of lost since I finished the Clapotis yesterday. I need to go back to the Soleil, but that needs some concentration since I made my own size up and I'm to where you break for the arm holes and neckline. It was a long day and I wasn't up to that much math tonight. I considered casting on the second sock of a pair I'm making (unfortunately not for my sock pal :-( yet) but I'm having a bit of second sock syndrome. I considered casting on the Bistro shirt in the yarn I got from Stitches last year, but I kind of want to finish the Soliel first. So I debated and finally cast on for a winter sweater for my neice. It is the ballerina top from the Debbie Bliss easy knits for baby in Debbie Bliss cotton yarn that I got on sale (Yeah me). Pictures tomorrow once I get past the boring garter stitch edging.

If my sock pal is reading this, my only update is "I got some size 0 needles this weekend..." Finding yarn and a pattern is a priority for my days off.

14 hours...I keep telling myself 14 hours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home