Shoes and Yarn

This blog is dedicated to my search for the perfect shoes and the perfect yarn.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

1 more day...

Yes, pep talk begins now. I can make it. It's only 8 hours. 8 hours til freedom. 8 hours til my vacation. 8 hours until I leave my computer behind. 8 hours until...well, you get the picture. Can you tell I haven't been on vacation in awhile. It's not that I don't have a vacation, I'm drowning in vacation time. I need to take more long weekends.

So, I'm packing my bag. I had at one point packed 6 pairs of shoes. I have since pared it down to 3 pairs plus the ones I'm going to wear. The next big decision is what knitting projects should I bring. A pair of socks for the plane, of course, but should I bring anything else.

I'm on the hunt for some pretty yarn for the Kiri shawl. I have a co-worker and friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer and at first they thought she wouldn't need to go through chemo, but today her doctor told her she would have to go through the chemo, so I'm going to make her a shawl to for her. It calls for the Rare comfort kid mohair, but I've been reading about others working on the kiri, in that and they've hated it so much that they've quit and chosen a different yarn. Besides, I tend to make a lot of mistakes and mohair is not forgiving when you try to tink back. I'm better off with something else. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home